Conservation Advisory Council
Mission: Ensure the conservation of the City of Kingston’s natural resources and the enhancement and protection of its environment while fostering unified action on environmental matters.
The City of Kingston is one of only 12 cities in New York State that have a Conservation Council and is one of 16 other Ulster County Conservation Councils.
This board, consisting of Kingston residents, with its advisory capacity, will:
- advise the Planning Board and Common Council on matters pertaining to the natural environment of the city;
- conduct public programs to inform the public of local and regional environmental issues, such as storm water management, recycling and biodiversity;
- coordinate with local groups which have an impact on the local environment; and
- work in cooperation with the Kingston Planning Board and Common Council to make sound environmental decisions.
This board meets the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30pm in Kingston City Hall Conference Room 1. The meetings are open to the general public.
Kingston CAC 2017 Meeting Dates
- January 24* Special Meeting
- February 8
- March 14
- April 11
- May 9
- June 13
- July 11
- August 8
- September 12
- October 10
- November 14
- December 12
Current Conservation Advisory Council Members:
Kingston, NY 12401
Kingston CAC Chair
Phone: (845) 481-7339
Fax: (845) 331-2750